Sunday, October 29, 2006

Baby on Iggy

Sheila Copps sounds the now familiar Lib lament: "Ignatieff seems to have decided that splitting the party apart is key to his own ambitions."

Question for Ignatieff supporters: on the second ballot, to which candidate shall you flee like the homeless victims of an apartment fire?

Right now, I find myself recommending the Dion-Kennedy alliance. Rumor has it that modern medical technology will be employed to fuse these two at the waist, thus creating one perfectly bi-lingual candidate, who shall be referred to henceforth as "Dionnedy".

Also, some of Kennedy's vastly abundant hair will be transferred to Dion's scalp, so that he appears less rat-like.

On a more serious note, I hope these two are also having talks with the Rae people so as to come up with some kind of three way arrangement. In my nightmares, I see Rae tossing support to his old college room-mate for a prominent position in the Ignatieff cabinet, thus creating "Rignatieff", or perhaps "Riggy".

This would surely portend the coming of the Apocalypse.




2 comments:

bigcitylib said...

I thought that too, but didn't Maurizio Bevilacqua go to Rae after criticizing him for a month?

James Curran said...

And Corolyn Bennett just days after she raked Bobby over the coals ini every Canadian newspaper. It's called smoke and mirrors my friends.