Saturday, December 16, 2006

Deadly Toys!

As readers may know, I hate all things Xmas, and in keeping with that grinchly vibe here is a terrific article from Radar Magazine entitled "Pray For Coal: the Ten Most Dangerous Playthings of All Time".

Of these ten deadly toys, the most improbable is the Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab, which came with actual samples of radioactive ore.

At one time or another, I owned two playthings on the top (or bottom) ten list: a set of lawn darts, and creepy crawlers. I was neither impaled nor singed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey BCL, if you loved lawn darts then you may appreciate my Halloween costume from this year that I wore to the Calgary Zombie Walk:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snype451/270926161/in/set-72157594330312446/

Anonymous said...

PS Sorry that I didn't link it properly...

bigcitylib said...

It linked. That's funny.

Anonymous said...

"
At one time or another, I owned two playthings on the top (or bottom) ten list: a set of lawn darts, and creepy crawlers. I was neither impaled nor singed."

Too bad.

Would have solved a lot of problems fr the rest of us.

You have a very Merry Christmas now.

Robert said...

I remember SNL news did this story once... topping the list was "Gasoline Powered Sharp Thing."