Thursday, April 05, 2007

Great Minds Think Alike!

Although so do social insects. In any case, both Paul Wells and Adam Radwanski agree (with me!) that there will BE NO SPRING ELECTION. Their dialogue on the Macleans website:

Radwanski: So if I'm to understand this, the Tories - the only party that's ready for an election and clearly wants one - are trying to scare three parties that clearly don't want an election out from forcing an election? That makes sense.

Wells: Dude, they don't want an election. I was going to say "trust me," but that's lame. So just come back here in June, when there hasn't been an election, and write, "guess you were right, Paul."

Radwanski: Actually, Paul, I'll partly concede that now. What I should have written was that they're the only party that could conceivably want an election. I'm still not sure who it is they're trying to scare off from forcing one.

Unveiling the new Tory war room...the bluster and blithering...its all a big pantomime...but to what final end? Radwanski is confused, and so am I. A gratuitous display of political dominance? The equivalent of a gorilla showing his nuts (which for some reason makes me think of John Baird nekkid, but whatever)? Who can read the signs?

However, the goobers in the Tory's political base seem to enjoy it. Maybe all it all is is Boob Bait for the Bubbas.

3:30 PM update: Stephen Taylor is also leaning towards no Spring election, and Stephen channels the thoughts of our glorious leader, so its probably true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Harper gets sadistic pleasure out of keeping the other parties and Canadians guessing. I bet he sits in his room at night giggling an evil giggle getting his jollies from making people squirm, even at taxpayer expense.

Picturing John Baird at all gives me the willies. Are those teeth the ones you buy for your Halloween costume? Sure looks like it.

Ti-Guy said...

Man, that's quite sausage-fest over at MacLeans's.

Anonymous said...

The sooner there's an election the sooner Dion gets spiked the sooner Iggy ascends to his rightful station. Let the games begin.

Ti-Guy said...

Why do all your trolls sound like they're on opiate-based medication, BCL?

Let the games begin...who the hell talks like that?