Friday, September 26, 2008

Fun With NDP Orange Room


Jared, one of my favorite new bloggers, has been talking up the NDP website something heavy, so I thought I might surf on over and take a look. Hmm. The Orange Room. Hmmm.

Well, nothing as utterly stupid as NotALeader, but clearly it contains some material that is sophomoric, and a few features that might be fiddled with to render material that is off-message, like their Stephen Harper Caption Challenge.
(Of course they would never use my captioned image on their site)
I don't know why the Liberal website doesn't have a feature like this, though, although I suppose I can see how it might go wrong awfully quickly.

4 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

It's not sophomoric; it's fresh, it's now, it's hip, it's plugged in, it's...*squeal*...Democracy 2.0!

By the way, I didn't know Devin Johnston was only 12. Pretty impressive for a little tyke.

I don't know why the Liberal website doesn't have a feature like this, though, although I suppose I can see how it might go wrong awfully quickly.

Indeed. Not that it matters in an age when what should be in the public's interest has become simply a matter of whatever shiny thing most people are talking about.

Auntie Liberal said...

How very mature. It really speaks to the sophistication level of the NDP. Can't beat the conservatives on policy or debate or any other logical, reasoned argument, so we'll make fun of them with pictures.

Ti-Guy said...

so we'll make fun of them with pictures.

Ok, now I know you're a parody. Or you have the attention span of a gnat. Which is it? One is dull and derivative and the other is simply sad.

ricky said...

Whoops, did Aunty Liberal really say that? 'Can't beat the conservatives on policy or debate or any other logical, reasoned argument, so we'll make fun of them with pictures.'

I have a radical idea, if you don't like Conservative idea's and budgets show up for the vote. And when you do show up to vote, vote against them.

Queerthoughts