Sunday, November 09, 2008

Tarek Fatah's Name Disappears From Silly Article

Yesterday, an article appeared on the website of The American Thinker entitled "The Islamist Role in the 2008 Canadian Elections", and authored, apparently, by "Raheel Raza and Tarek Fatah". By yesterday afternoon, however, Fatah's name had disappeared from the article's header, leaving Ms. Raza sole responsibility for the piece. By evening, his name had also been pulled from the version of the article present on the Islamist Watch site. Furthermore, Mr. Fatah showed up in the comments section of this blog, essentially disowning the piece, and wondering how I might have come to "associate" it with him.

Well, I have changed the attribution in the original post but, in answer to Mr. Fatah's question, as noted above (and as you can see from the screen capture below), the original attribution was based on the fact that Mr. Fatah was originally given as co-author.
Interesting, too, I think, in that Raza and Fatah are shown as co-authors of a number of articles previously published, for example here and here.

What the real story behind the cock-up is I have no idea, but I would note that "The Islamist Role...":

1) suggests a "Taliban-style overthrow" of North America is "unlikely, in the short term". Good news, that.

2) suggests that Rahim Jaffer lost out among Muslim voters because he was not ugly enough.

I wouldn't want my name attached to such a piece of crap either.

2 comments:

Reality Bites said...

The premise of the article - that Jaffer isn't ugly enough - is fascinating. He was first elected in 1997. I sure haven't gotten better looking over the last 11 years. And while I can only find one old picture of Jaffer (from 2001), I am confident in saying he hasn't either.

Ti-Guy said...

After Tarek's petulant outburst, you'd think he'd have the good grace to come back and provide some explanation, especially for those who support progressive Muslims.