Thursday, September 05, 2013

Tory MPP Peter Shurman: My Salary Is Not Enough

“Frankly, on the basis of … how we’re paid at the legislature, I can’t afford two houses,” he said in an interview. “I make $112,500 a year. Some people think that’s a lot of money. To do what I have to do, or any MPP has to do, it’s not very much at all.”

Apparently, when asked about the appropriateness of this, PCPO Leader Tim Hudak's office would not comment.  The reporter, however, could hear weeping in the background, and the sound of someone banging their head on a desk.

PS.  I know a fellow whose job is to run a printing press who owns three condo units around T.O.  He works hard and saves and invests.  Peter Shurman could learn a lesson from him.

1 comment:

Maxamillion said...

During the last provincial election this was brought up as an issue I recall by the Liberal candidate. If my memory serves me correctly Shurman always claimed that his place in NFOL was simply a cottage and not a primary residence.